Ahhhh....Summertime! You know what that means, fun festivals, summer weddings, outdoor concerts, fireworks and summer barbeques with friends and family.
Let's focus for a minute on the summer barbeque. Doesn't that make you think of sunshine, delicious smells and good food eaten in even better company?
Here's a few tips on planning and hosting a great outdoor barbeque!
- Put together a rocking menu
- Pick good cuts/quality meat
- Pick a theme if you want; walk the aisles of your local party supply for ideas
- Drinks: People are going to be thirsty make sure to offer lemonades, water, sodas, beer, wine coolers maybe even a fun signature drink
- Do as much prep work as possible before the guests arrive, so you can chat too while the grill is fired up
- Have ample seating available. Picnic tables are always fun for the kids
- Have a back-up plan in case it rains, let guests know up front if you will need to reschedule if it rains or if they should plan to come rain or shine
- Let your guests bring side dishes. This gives lots of variety. You might even get to try something you have never had before!
- Have activities for kids. Bored kids will make their own fun and it might not be so fun for you.
- Finally thank your guests for coming and mention that you'd love to have them back again
Enjoy the Rest of Your Summer!
Planner Angie AKA "WallStreet"
"Let's Budget This!"