As the Maid-of-Honor you must be BFF with the Bride, or why else would she pick you?!!? :) So don't think of it as your obligation, think of it as throwing a party for your best friend! And who doesn't like a party?!?
3 MONTHS AHEAD:
- Ask the bride what kind of shower she wants! All women or Co-Ed? Spa or Tea Party? Themed or Formal? Customize it for your BFF!
- Set the date: usually 1-2 months ahead of the wedding. Be careful of holidays and guests travel time.
- Make reservations if needed (Restuarant, Spa, etc)
- Create the guest list with the Bride
2 MONTHS AHEAD
- Send out "Save the Date" cards and call out of town guests to give them advance notice so that they can make travel plans.
- Set a budget (Include the bridesmaids to help with tasks and budget)
- Finalize theme and plan decor
- Order the cake/baked goods from bakery
- Create a menu
1 MONTH AHEAD
- Send out invitations (Don't forget to insert registry cards!)
- Finalize the menu
- Purchase decor and purchase a memory book for bride for shower
- Purchase favors for guests
- Assign tasks to bridesmaids
2 WEEKS AHEAD
- Find your outfit for the shower
- Purchase your gift
- Begin to purchase items for the menus (especially hard to find items) and organize recipes if needed
- Pick up serving ware, punch bowls, etc if needed
- Place a flower order if desired
- Purchase alcohol if your are serving cocktails
1 WEEK AHEAD
- Confirm reservations and RSVPs
- Assemble decor and favors if needed
- Purchase any food items still needed
- Prepare shower games and activities (if needed)
1 DAY AHEAD
- Prepare any food items that can be prepared ahead of time
- Touch base with bridesmaids and their tasks
- Run last minute errands
- Organize and place shower items in car if going to another location. If shower is at your house, begin decorating
THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE!
- Finish preparing food
- Decorate and lay out the favors, flowers, food, and drinks
- Locate and prepare a gift area for guests to place gifts when they arrive
- Be ready to greet guests at least 30 minutes prior to the shower
- Breathe and enjoy the party with your BFF!
~Detail Diva (Erin)~
"Let's Plan This!"